Friday, May 23, 2014

Max and me.


Max was rescued from death row at a filthy municipal dog pound. I saw his face and vowed that he would not stay another night there. I fostered, then adopted Max in early 2012. And the rest, as they say, is history.
My friend, Max is not movie star or famous for any of his talents. He's not trained very well, except to hop into the truck when we "go", put "paws up" when we get on and off leash and gives 'hugs' by closing his eyes and laying his head against my shoulder, arm or face. He doesn't have a YouTube following and has only starred in a few of my shaky videos and blurry snapshots and no one pays for either. He doesn't have fancy breeding or a pedigree and neither do I, so I guess we fit together pretty well. Max's favorite thing is to be with me. He lies by my feet when I am working at my desk, he sleeps beside me at night, rides along to my doctor appointments, errands and shopping with me and loves to go to Sonic for a junior burger, plain and dry. I call him my unofficial service/therapy dog because he has saved my life a few times, but mostly, he is a best friend and a joy in my life.
Max has lymphosarcoma. Without treatment, his prognosis was 3 to 6 months. With treatment, he is expected to go into a remission that will last an average of 12 months. Each time the lymphoma shows up, he will be treated, but the remissions will be shorter in length with each treatment, and each moment will be precious.
Any donation amount is greatly appreciated.

Humble and gratefully yours,
Karen – Max's mom.
- See more at: https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/meet-max-and-me-/181837

1 comment:

KidOkra said...

Max was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma 04/24/2014 and lost a hard fought battle with cancer 02/12/2015. He will remain always in my heart and I know we'll soon be reunited. ~Karen